From Nicole at Cooking for Keeps; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 2 cups strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons basil or mint, cut into a chiffonade (plus more for garnish)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ½ baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine strawberries, vinegar, sugar, basil, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Let set for 30 minutes to an hour.
- In the meantime, place crostini slices on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until slightly crisp about 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Spread goat cheese on toast and then layer balsamic strawberries over. Sprinkle with more basil.