From Soul Food and Southern Cooking; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 1 pound stew beef meat, cut into 1 inch thick cubes
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 small pineapple, cut into wedges
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1 inch thick cubes<
- 1 large onion, cut into 1 inch thick cubes
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together teriyaki sauce, red wine, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt. Before adding beef set aside a small amount of marinade to brush onto kabobs while they cook. Place stew meat, pineapple, green pepper and onion into bowl and coat generously with marinade. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat charcoal grill for high heat.
- Drain marinade from the beef and vegetables. Discard the drained marinade.
- Using four skewers, thread beef, green pepper, pineapple and onion alternately until you have 4 or 5 pieces of each item on each skewer.
- Lightly oil grill grate before placing skewers on grill. Place skewers on grill and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until kabobs are done. While grilling turn and baste kabobs with the reserved marinade. When kabobs are done remove from skewers and serve immediately.