- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound beets, peeled and cut in matchsticks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut in matchsticks
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled and cut in matchsticks
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut in matchsticks
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, stems removed
- In a large bowl, combine the orange zest and juice, lime zest and juice, and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the same bowl, layer beets, carrots, apple, and turnip. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Toss salad right before serving, then top with parsley leaves.
- To cut matchsticks Use a mandolin or a food processor that has either a julienne blade or large shredding blade.