- 1 pre-made pizza crust (or your favorite pizza dough recipe), enough to yield 1 11x14-inch pizza
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing pizza
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 small apples, peel on
- 2 small beets, scrubbed, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Prepare pizza crust according to recipe directions. You will only need 1 crust, so feel free to half the recipe or freeze the second half for a later time.
- Place a rack in the upper third of theoven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into an 11x14-inch rectangle, working from the center. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet, then brush the its entire surface liberally with olive oil. Sprinkle with half of the cheese, then top with apple slices. Tuck the beet slices between the apples, then top with remaining cheese. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle rosemary over the top.
- Bake pizza until the crust is crisp and golden, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 3 minutes. Slice and serve.