- 1 1/2 lb cod fish (cut into 3 inch long fillets)
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 ripe avocados sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (or 1 cup diced tomatoes)
- 1 jalapeño pepper chopped into small pieces
- lime wedges (halves) and cilantro for serving
- In a small bowl combine smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne. Mix and then sprinkle over fish fillets, rub to coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium yea and cook fish until browned and firm or for around 4 minutes per side. (Cooking time depends on the thickness of fillets, type of skillet and oven used).
- To assemble tacos: Warm tortillas in a skillet. Break cod fish into pieces. Distribute fish evenly between 12 tortillas, add cabbage slaw, avocado, tomatoes and top with salsa. Optional: you can top with some chopped cilantro and jalapeño pepper.