Recipe originally published by Teczcape-An Escape to Food
- bok choy: slice and separate stems and leaves, then cut the stems into smaller pieces - they will be cooked at different times
- carrots, thinly sliced
- shitake mushrooms, sliced
- garlic, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Add a little oil in a heated pan. When oil is slightly hot, add garlic and fry till fragrant.
- Then add in carrots, bok choy stems, mushrooms and fry briskly till slightly softened.
- Add the bok choy leaves, fry briskly.
- Cover the pan and allow it to simmer a while (so that the steam can cook the vegetables mixture).
- Stir fry thoroughly. If mixture is too dry, add in 1 -2tbsp of water.
- Add pinch of salt and white pepper, to taste.
Serve with rice, rice noodles, and maybe your favorite protein - this would pair well with thinly sliced chicken, pork, beef, or tofu!