1 cup yellow onions, halved & thinly sliced
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
4 ½ cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded & chopped
1 cup celeriac, peeled & chopped
1 cup parsnips, peeled & chopped
2 medium apples, peeled, seeded & chopped
4 cups homemade chicken stock
2 sprigs thyme
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Saute onions in butter on medium-low heat until tender and translucent.
2. Add squash, celeriac, parsnip, chicken stock, thyme and salt.
3. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until nearly tender.
4. Add apple and continue to cook until everything is tender enough to puree.
5. Puree soup in a blender and season with additional salt to taste.