- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons salt (sea, kosher or pickling salt)
- 1 pound small carrots *Use the purple carrots from this week!
- 1 pound watermelon radishes
- A few fennel fronds, dill sprigs, or leafy celery stalks
- 4 garlic cloves
- Optional: add a jalapeño to give it some spice!
Combine the vinegar, water and salt in a measuring pitcher, and stir it to dissolve the salt.
Scrub the carrots, trim off their tops, and slice them lengthwise into quarters. Peel and trim the radishes, slice them in half lengthwise, then cut them crosswise into 1/4″-thick half moons. Pack the vegetables, fennel fronds and garlic cloves into a sterilized 2-quart mason jar (or two 1-quart jars).
Pour the brine over the vegetables, and cover with the lid. Let the pickle sit at room temperature for 10 days, then store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.