Blueberries with Biscuits
Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Leisurely | Season: Summer/Fall | Type: Dessert | Diet: Veg
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, very cold
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- Mix together the dry ingredients. Chop the butter into chunks, and add to the bowl.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender, until the mixture looks like coarse cornmeal.
- Add 1/3 cup milk, and see if the dough comes together into a mass. If needed, add a smidgen more.
- Gather the dough together, and give it a quick knead (10-20 seconds) to make it uniform. Cover the dough with plastic, and let it rest in the fridge until you need it.
- 1 container blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- a couple pinches of salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup water
- sour cream and maple syrup to garnish
In a saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, seasonings, and water. Bring to a simmer. Divide the biscuit dough into six equal parts, and roll each sixth into a ball with your hands. Place the balls of dough atop the blueberries. Cover the pan and simmer for 25 minutes. The biscuits will be light and fluffy.
Serve with sour cream