Recipe courtesy of Gourmande in the Kitchen
For the Mustard Vinaigrette:
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (or 2 Tablespoons olive oil and 2 Tablespoons walnut oil )
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
For the Shaved Celery Root Salad:
1 medium celery root
1 medium tart apple (like granny smith or fuji)
4 medium celery stalks
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about ½ a large lemon)
2 Tablespoons, fresh celery leaves, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
¼ cup/ 28g walnuts , toasted
- Combine the mustard and vinegar and whisk together. Add the oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly, until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Peel and quarter the celery root and julienne on a mandoline or with a sharp knife. Toss with one Tablespoon of the lemon juice in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- Core and cut the apple into quarters and julienne on a mandoline or with a sharp knife. Toss the apple with shaved celery root and the remaining Tablespoon of lemon juice and set aside.
- Thinly slice the celery stalks on a mandoline or with a sharp kife and toss with the celery root and apples.
- Toss with the finely chopped celery leaves, parsley leaves and mustard vinaigrette until well combined.
- Top with the toasted walnuts and an additional sprinkle of sea salt if desired before serving.