Recipe by Mary, Published by The Kitchen Paper, Adapted for Food Hub Members
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 apple, cored and sliced into 1/4″ thick rings
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Optional: barbecue sauce
- microgreens for garnish!
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix together thoroughly with your hands, taking care to not “squeeze” the meat too much. Set aside and let rest for 30 minutes before proceeding.
- Form the meat into four patties and cook in a heavy skillet over medium heat for about 4 minutes each side (depending on how done you like your burger).
- When the burgers are done, place them all on a baking sheet. Top each burger with a thin layer of barbecue sauce, then an apple ring, then about 1/3 cup shredded cheese. Broil until the cheese is fully melted.
- Serve on hamburger buns with greens, and topped with more barbecue sauce.