Recipe By The Recipe Critic
- 1 and ½ cups macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 3-4 cups cubed butternut squash, peeled and de-seeded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¾ cup 1% milk
- 1 and ¼ cup cheese, I used sharp cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Optional: fresh parsley
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium low heat.
- Meanwhile, peel the butternut squash and remove the seeds. Cut into large chunks.
- Boil the squash until completely tender and then drain. Place the squash in the blender with the butter, lots of salt, pepper, broth, paprika, and milk.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked noodles and add the cheese. Stir until melted.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with parsley if desired.