- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup microgreens tossed with 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- optional: 1 avocado, diced
- Additional toppings, as desired: diced fresh tomato, salsa, sour cream, thinly sliced scallions
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the sweet potato cubes and simmer until they are tender (about 10 minutes). Drain the sweet potatoes and dry them completely on paper towels.
2. Heat the butter in a large pan over medium high heat, then add the sweet potatoes and minced garlic. Cook the potatoes in a single layer, stirring them occasionally, until they are crisp and golden, about 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle the paprika over the potatoes and give them a quick stir to coat, then reduce the heat to medium. Swirl the beaten eggs into the pan and toss to coat the potatoes. Continue tossing until the egg is cooked, then remove the saute pan from the heat and season the potatoes to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Divide the prepared microgreens between two bowls, then put half of the sweet potato mixture in each bowl. Top the bowls with the shredded cheese and diced avocado. Finish the bowls with additional toppings, as desired. Serve immediately.