- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the wells of a 12 cup cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl combine butter, brown sugar, eggs, and milk.
- Add wet ingredients and carrots into dry ingredients, stir just until combined.
- Pour muffin batter into the prepare cupcake pan filling each well about ⅔ full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.