Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Quick | Season: Spring | Type: Salad, Veggie Side | Diet: Vegetarian/GF
This crisp, refreshing salad is a perfect accompaniment to grilled meats. Don't have radishes? That's ok, leave 'em out. Have some crispy head lettuce kicking around, or a tomato? Throw 'em in!
- 1 slicing cucumber
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 bulb shallot (most shallots start out with two bulbs)
- 3/4 cup plain, whole-milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil or olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill (or 1 teaspoon fresh dill)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise, and slice into half moons.
- Cut the radishes in half, and cut each half into slices.
- Mince the shallot
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the cucumbers, radishes, and shallot with the remaining ingredients.
- Let stand for a few minutes so the dill can begin to rehydrate.
- Taste the salad. Does it need more salt, pepper, acidity, or fat? If so, adjust the seasonings.