From Ashley at wishesndishes.com; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 small/medium lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices good-quality white bread, crusts cut off
- ⅓ large English seedless cucumber (about 4 inches), thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, fresh dill, lemon zest, and lemon juice until all incorporated. Season this mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Lay the slices of bread on your work service (I used a large cutting board) and spread the cream cheese evenly among each slice in a thin layer.
- Arrange the cucumber slices in rows over 3 slices of the bread, overlapping them a bit. Top with the remaining bread, and cut into quarters so there are 4 pieces from each sandwich.
- Serve immediately or bread will get soggy. Enjoy!