- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 10 small red potatoes, small dice
- 4 packets sodium free bouillon packets or cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (12oz) bottle beer
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups water
- In large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions, carrots and garlic until onions become translucent.
- Add potatoes, bouillon, and salt. Sauté vegetables until softened, adding beer to pot in batches to keep soup from sticking.
- Stir in kale and sauté for 3 minutes until it begins to softened. Add water to stock pot and bring soup to a boil over high heat.
- Serve hot with crusty baguette.