Recipe from Alison Roman for bon appétit; photo from Jeremy Liebman
- 1 pound Persian or kirby cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthwise on a mandoline
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Combine cucumbers, dill, and salt in a medium bowl; season with pepper and toss to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Drain cucumbers and place in a clean bowl. Top with lemon zest and juice.
Do Ahead: Cucumbers can be salted up to 4 hours ahead. Keep chilled.