- 1 cup flour (almond flour may be substituted)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped almonds (other chopped nuts may be substituted)
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 10 fluid ounces whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups of strawberries, crushed/smashed
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, almonds and melted butter and spread in 8x8" pan. Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes. Stir a couple of times. Cool
- Once cooled, evenly press ⅔ of the mixture in the 8x8" pan to create crust.
- Beat egg whites and granulated sugar until stiff.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently combine, beaten egg whites, whipped cream, lemon juice, and crushed strawberries. Spread mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crust/crumb mixture on top.
- Freeze for 3-6 hours.
- Cut in squares to serve. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.