- 1 large head green cabbage, sliced into wedges vertically from head of cabbage about 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 3 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried marjoram (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh lemon wedges or crumbled bacon, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Pour olive oil into a small bowl then press garlic through a garlic crusher into bowl (or mince), stir well to infuse garlic flavor then pour and press mixture through a fine mesh strainer into another bowl to remove garlic pieces (I like to do this just so they don't burn while roasting at high heat for so long. Use a rubber spatula to press garlic against strainer to extract juices). Stir marjoram into oil mixture.
- Lay cabbage wedges on prepared baking sheet and brush both slides with olive oil mixture and season with salt and pepper. Roast in preheated oven 15 minutes then carefully rotate and roast 15 minutes longer (if you don't want the slightly charred edges you can cover with foil during last 10 minutes). Garnish with parsley if desired. Serve warm with optional bacon crumbles or spritz with lemon wedges.