- 3/4 cup golden beet puree (about 4 medium-sized beets)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp golden flax seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Trim off the beet greens and stems, peel the skin and wash, then cut the roots into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Place them on a cookie sheet and mix with a tablespoon of oil. Cover cookie sheet with a foil and roast for 45-60 minutes or until tender (when a fork slides in a piece easily). Remove from the oven and let cool. Leave the oven heated.
- Once puree has cooled, place roasted beets in a food processor and process until you get a puree consistency.
- Pour the puree into a bowl and measure out 3/4 cup. Store the remainder. Pour the measured out puree back into the food processor. Add the coconut oil, vanilla extract and flax seeds. Puree some more. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and mix in sugar and stir until well-combined.
- In a separate, medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add a third of the wet ingredients and mix gently for two or three strokes, add a third more and repeat. When all the wet ingredients are mixed in, fold in the nuts and chocolate chunks.
- Scoop the batter into a pan and flatten the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is glossy and a toothpick comes out fairly clean (no goopiness but little brownie bits are fine).
- Let cool & Enjoy!