From Kate at Cookie and Kate; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 5 ounces (about 5 cups) chopped lettuce or spring greens salad blend
- 1 large Paula Red or Granny Smith apple
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 2 ounces chilled goat cheese, crumbled (or about ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese)
Apple cider vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Toast the pepitas: In a medium-sized skillet, toast the pepitas over medium heat, stirring frequently, until they are turning golden on the edges and making little popping noises. Transfer the pepitas to a small bowl to cool.
- Make the dressing: In a cup or jar, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey and mustard until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Just before serving, chop the apple into thin, bite-sized pieces. Place your greens in a large serving bowl. Top with sliced apple, dried cranberries and toasted pepitas. Use a fork to crumble the goat cheese over the salad. Drizzle the salad with just enough dressing to lightly coat the leaves once tossed (you probably won’t need all of it). Gently toss to mix all of the ingredients and serve!