From Maris at In Good Taste; photo by Leigh Loftus; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 1 cup water (or fresh orange or apple juice, or almond milk)
- 1 cup ice (crushed if possible)
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach, about 1-2 cups (or mix of kale and spinach)
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled and sliced
- ¾ cup strawberries (fresh or frozen both work great); other fruits to try include blueberries, pineapple, banana, and mango
- Place all five ingredients in the blender in the order listed. Blend until smooth. Add in more almond milk and/or ice for your desired consistency, and strain if desired. Store whatever you don’t drink in the refrigerator for up to a day.