- 2 lbs Parsnips
- 3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- several springs fresh Rosemary
- a few pinches Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup Low-Fat Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps Minced or Crushed Garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsps Lemon Juice
- pinch of Salt & Pepper
- fresh Chives to garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Line grill basket with aluminum foil.
- On large cutting board trim the tops and bottoms of each parsnip, then peel. Slice in half to separate the top and bottom parts, then halve the bottom portion and quarter the top portion (slicing lengthwise) until all pieces are roughly the same size. Mine had a lot of variation to them, so don’t sweat this too much!
- In large mixing bowl combine the sliced parsnips with EVOO, rosemary, and a few pinches salt & pepper, tossing evenly to coat. Transfer to lined grill basket, then grill for 35 – 45 minutes until crispy*, turning periodically to grill evenly.
- Meanwhile, in small mixing dish combine all aioli ingredients, stirring well. Chill in refrigerator until needed.
- When ready, serve parsnip fries with garlic aioli, garnishing the aioli with fresh chives if desired.