Recipe by Jean Kressy, COOKING LIGHT June 1998. Published online at http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/herbed-potato-salad-with-green-beans-tomatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups (2-inch) cut green beans (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups diced seeded tomato
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 10 minutes. Add beans, and cook 6 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Combine basil and next 7 ingredients (basil through garlic) in a large bowl. Add potato mixture; toss well. Add tomato, and toss gently. Cover and chill.