Recipe and image from Diana Rattray at The Spruce; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
What You'll Need
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
How to Make It
In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix with your hands until well blended.
Shape into eight 2-ounce patties. Pan fry the patties, turning to brown both sides, for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature is at least 160° on a food thermometer.
Makes 8 sausage patties. The recipe is easily doubled, and the sausages freeze well.