- 1/2 pound Sweet Italian Pork Sausage
- 1 bunch Kale cut into small pieces
- 2 cups Uncooked Farfalle Pasta
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Red Chili Pepper Flakes add more according to your liking
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced (add more according to your liking)
- Parmesan Cheese
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over moderate high heat then cook sausage, use a spoon to break any lumps and continue to cook until browed for about 7 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
Blanch kale in a salted boiling water, uncovered for about 2 minutes. Remove kale from the heat and drain well.
Cook pasta in a salted boiling water, uncovered until al dente. Remove from the heat, drain well and reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water for later use.
Add 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet, stir in garlic, saute until it’s fragrant.
Add red chili pepper, Italian Seasoning and cooked turkey sausage, then keep stirring. Cook for about 1 minute.
Add kale, pasta and 1/4 cup reserved cooking water and lemon juice to skillet. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Season with salt/pepper to taste.
Stir in cheese, remove from the heat and serve immediately.