From Blair at The Seasoned Mom; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- For the Marinade:
¾ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 (2 to 2 ½ lb.) London Broil
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients until completely combined. Pour marinade into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add London Broil to the bag, squeeze out all of the air, and seal the bag. Toss gently to coat the London Broil with the marinade.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for about 4 hours (or up to 2 days), tossing occasionally to redistribute marinade.
- Remove meat from the marinade, discard the marinade, and pat the meat dry.
- To Grill: Allow the meat to sit on the counter for about 15-20 minutes to come to room temperature. Remove meat from marinade and grill the meat for 9 to 10 minutes per side, or until it registers 125 to 130 degrees for medium-rare meat.
- To Broil: Allow the meat and marinade to sit on the counter for a few minutes to come to room temperature. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler and the broiler pan to HIGH. Allow to heat for 10 minutes. Make sure to use an actual broiler pan, rather than a baking pan. A broiler pan has a rack built in that prevents the rendered fat from becoming a fire hazard. Transfer the meat to the broiler pan and discard the marinade in the bag. Broil the steak for 8 to 12 minutes, turning once about halfway through. Transfer meat to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Cut meat diagonally across the grain into thin slices.