From Rozanne Gold for Bon Appetit; photograph by Pornchai Mittongtare; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 2 large orange bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces feta cheese, diced (about 1 1/2 cups), plus 2 ounces coarsely crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- approximately 7 oz. mesclun
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- Kalamata olives (optional)
Preheat oven to 425°F. Place all peppers, cut side down, on large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Roast until peppers are tender and brown in spots, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes on baking sheet. Peel peppers; cut each half lengthwise into 4 strips. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in small bowl. DO AHEAD Peppers can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Place 6 ounces diced feta, 6 tablespoons cold water, and 1 tablespoon oil in processor; puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Add garlic and blend 2 seconds. Set dressing aside.
Place mesclun in large bowl. Toss with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, then vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange greens on large platter; top with peppers. Drizzle feta dressing over and sprinkle with 2 ounces crumbled feta. Garnish with olives, if desired.