Recipe published by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen, Photo by Misha Gravenor Photography
2 5-ounce 1-inch-thick halibut fillets
- mix 1/4 teaspoon (generous) ground cinnamon with 1/4 teaspoon (generous) cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 cup peeled carrots (cut from 2 large) into sticks - 1/4in x 1/4in x 2.5 in
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then with half of cinnamon and cayenne.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish. Sauté until brown and just opaque in center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plates.
- Remove skillet from heat and wipe out. Add carrots, 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and remaining cinnamon and cayenne. Toss to blend.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat until carrots are just tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in mint. Mound carrots on fish and serve.