- 4 pieces of good quality sour dough bread (note 1)
- 10 small Cremini mushrooms, sliced (note 2)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 oz/113g of goat cheese (note 3)
- Optional: snow pea sprouts/pea shoots for serving
- Heat the butter in small saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, saute stirring for 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are nice and soft, but not fully disintegrated.
- Place toast in toaster.
- Optional step: for even crunchier toast, preheat oven to 200C/400F and keep toast warmed on a tray.
Assembly of Bruschetta
- Get toast from oven.
- Spread with a thick layer of the goats cheese (*drool*)
- Top with the mushrooms, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with a few snow pea sprouts/pea shoots