From Scaron for Tablespoon; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
1 head Napa cabbage
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1 summer squash, grated
1 cucumber, grated
1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1 tbsp dark sesame oil
1 tsp ground ginger (or fresh grated to taste)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup soy sauce
1. Slice the Napa cabbage into 1/4 inch slices, then cut in half. Wash well (a salad spinning device works great for this).
2. Add the Napa cabbage, carrots, summer squash and cucumber to a large bowl and toss to combine.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, sesame oil, ground ginger, garlic powder and soy sauce.
4. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss well. Let sit for 30 minutes or more before serving.
5. This salad is best on day two and beyond. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.