Recipe by Jessica, Published by How Sweet It Is, Adapted for Food Hub Members
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces whole wheat gemilli pasta (or a similar shape)
- 1 bunch of swiss chard, removed from stems and torn
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Heat a large pot over medium heat and add 4 tablespoons of the butter. Whisk constantly until it begins to bubble and cook for about 5 minutes - just until brown bits appear on the bottom of the skillet. The minute the brown bits appear, turn off the heat and pour the brown butter into a bowl. Set it aside.
Add the remaining butter to the skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic, cooking until the mushrooms soften, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add in the pasta, swiss chard, stock, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil and then cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring, so the pasta cooks. Once the noodles have absorbed all of the water, remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the reserved brown butter. Stir in the parmesan cheese and serve, adding more on top if desired.