From Chungah at Damn Delicious; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound cremini or oyster mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini or yellow summer squash, thinly sliced and quartered
- 2/3 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- thinly-sliced scallions for garnish (optional)
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, mushrooms, zucchini, peas, garlic, thyme and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and heavy cream.
- Serve immediately (try garnishing with thinly-sliced scallions!).