- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 generous tbsp clear honey
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large celeriac
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the butter and honey in a small saucepan and melt over a low heat. Alternatively, melt in the microwave. Stir in 1tbsp of the oil and set aside.
- Remove the skin from the celeriac with a small knife or vegetable peeler. Cut the celeriac into 1cm thick slices, and then again into 1cm batons.
- Immediately put the celeriac fries into a large bowl, add the butter mixture and toss well to coat. Add a bit more oil if there is not enough. Season with salt, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly in a single layer. Scatter over the thyme sprigs and bake in the preheated oven until browned– around 25-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, season lightly with salt and pepper and serve at once.