Recipe By FOOD 52
- 1 to 2watermelon radishes
- 1/2cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2cup water
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 2cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2teaspoon peppercorns, lightly crushed
- Wash your watermelon radishes well, making sure to remove any dirt. Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, thinly slice your watermelon radishes into discs, then place in a clean canning jar.
- In a non-reactive saucepan, bring the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar to a boil, and simmer for one minute or until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove from heat and add the garlic and peppercorns. Pour the hot liquid including the garlic and peppercorns over the radishes.
- Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate.