- 5 cups shredded potatoes
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup shredded cheese, preferably Shelburne Farm's Cheddar!
- 4 large eggs
- Position a rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine shredded potatoes, onion, garlic, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread onto the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes. Layer kale evenly over the potato mixture. Roast for 5 minutes. Stir the kale into the potatoes until combined. Continue roasting until the kale is tender and the potatoes are starting to brown, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Carefully push the hash into 4 "nests" and make a well in the center of each, large enough for an egg. Sprinkle ¼ cup cheese into each well, then carefully break 1 egg into each. Bake, rotating the pan 180 degrees about halfway through, until the whites are barely set, 7 to 11 minutes. (The eggs will continue to cook a little more out of the oven.)