Recipe courtesy of Food Wine Thyme
- 1 whole small chicken, cut up into pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut in half and sliced thick
- 2 smoked spanish chorizo links (i used Goya brand), sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- zest of half orange
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a deep oven proof skillet or a cast iron pan.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Sear on both sides until golden brown. Don't worry if it's not cooked through, it will finish in the oven.
- To the same pan add chorizo, red onion and garlic (arranging it around the pan). Season with italian seasoning, more salt and zest of the orange.
- Pour in the stock, transfer to the oven and cook until the chicken is fully cooked (165 degrees) about 35 minutes.