- 1 lb. beets
- 1 lb. turnips, quartered lengthwise
- Optional: 2.5 lbs. assorted small squash
- Optional: 2 red pears, quartered
- ¼ cup butter, melted (sub dairy-free butter for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 11x13 inch baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the maple vanilla butter ingredients together.
- Place the beets on one side of one of the baking sheets. Drizzle a teaspoon of the maple vanilla butter over the top and mix them around with your hands so they are coated. Divide the remaining veggies between the two baking sheets, keeping them in a single layer. Pour half of the remaining maple vanilla butter over the top and massage into the veggies so they are all coated. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until are cooked through. Remove from the oven and drizzle with the remaining maple vanilla butter.