- 3 large gold beets
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh or dried rosemary
- preheat your oven to 375F
- slice the beets very thinly - as thin as you can manage with a knife. If you have a mandolin, this is the time to use it.
- in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, fresh ground pepper, kosher salt and fresh or dried rosemary to taste.
- toss all the ingredients together until the beets are well coated
- spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet
- if there's any oil/salt/pepper/rosemary mixture in left in the bowl use a spatula to get it all out and drizzle it over the beets
- roast for 15 minutes - the beet edges should be starting to brown and pull away from the baking sheet - they may start to curl but that's ok.
- from the 15 minute mark on, check the beets every few minutes as they brown and crisp up - they can burn very easily and quickly so you'll want to walk that fine line between perfectly crispy and burnt. The thickness of your beet slices will impact how long they cook. Enjoy!