From EatingWell; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or butter, divided
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- ½ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green beans and cook, stirring often, until seared in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water, cover, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes for tender-crisp or 6 minutes for tender.
- Push the beans to the side; add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, stir everything together and cook until the tomatoes begin to break down, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vinegar, salt and pepper.