Recipe and photos by Cassy Joy Garcia on fedandfit.com Adapted for Intervale Food Hub members
- 4 cups Shredded Swiss Chard
- 3 Fresh Beets (peeled, cubed, and roasted)
- ½ cup Shelled Pistachios (IFH Note: almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds are all great options in place of pistachios!)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 cup Fresh Orange Juice (IFH Note: fine to omit)
- Kosher Salt & Cracked Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the ends of the beets off and peel with a potato peeler.
- Cube the beets into 1 inch pieces.
- Toss the beets with the EVOO, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread on the baking sheet so that the cubes are not touching each other.
- Roast at 375 F for 30 minutes.
Toss all ingredients together and enjoy!