From Elizabeth at Bowl of Delicious; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 potatoes, washed and diced (leave the peel on)
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 oz. fresh baby spinach (one small bag)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- juice of one lemon
- croutons and poached eggs (optional)
- Add the onion, garlic, asparagus, potatoes, vegetable stock, and salt and pepper to your slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Add the spinach to the soup- stir until wilted.
- Add the dill.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it reaches a thick and smooth consistency.
- Stir in the lemon juice and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Top with croutons and/or poached eggs, if desired.
To make on the stovetop, add onion, garlic, asparagus, potatoes, stock, and salt and pepper to a large pot and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender. Follow remaining instructions as described above.
Don't have an immersion blender? Use your regular blender or food processor to blend the soup in batches.