From Gena at The Full Helping; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed)
- 5-6 tablespoons mayonnaise, vegan mayonnaise, or tahini (as needed)
- 1 heaping cup finely chopped kimchi + 2 tablespoons kimchi brine
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Sriracha, to taste
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Optional mix-ins: A few dashes of dulse or kelp flakes, 1-2 tablespoons gomasio or toasted sesame seeds, finely chopped scallions, grated carrot
- Place the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise or tahini. Use a potato masher or the back of a fork to mash the chickpeas up; they should be mostly mashed, but it's nice when a few of them remain whole. Start with 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise or tahini, then add a little more as needed for a creamy texture.
- Fold in the kimchi, vinegar, sriracha, and pepper. Add any additional mix-ins you like, then taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve.
Leftover salad will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.