Recipe courtesy of Cookie & Kate
- 8 ounces soba noodles or spaghetti noodles of choice
- ½ cup reduced sodium tamari (or soy sauce, just be sure it's reduced sodium or it will taste too salty)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons quality peanut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (I used half a bag)
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- ¼ head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 whole carrots, shredded with vegetable peeler
- 2 cups shelled edamame, steamed
- ½ cup toasted sesame seeds
Optional ingredients for extra flavor:
- one lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- peanut butter!
- Cook soba noodles according to directions, and rinse in a colander.
- Chop up all your vegetables, and toss into a bowl with the soba noodles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tamari, sesame oil, canola oil, rice wine vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the dressing into the pasta and veggies and toss well to combine. Enjoy!