- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil or ghee
- 1 bunch green onions*, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic*, minced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 bunch (500g) Swiss chard, stems removed, thinly sliced, and reserved and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 bunch (500g) kale, stems and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon hot sesame oil
- Optional: 1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
- Optional: 1 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- Optional: 1 tablespoon raw sesame seeds
- In a large frying pan or sauté pan set over medium–high heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the onions, garlic, and jalapeño, if using, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the chard stems and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Add the rest of the chard and the kale. Cover the pan with a lid to help the greens wilt, about 5 minutes. Once they have wilted a bit, add the hot and dark toasted sesame oils, stirring to coat.
- Add the sunflower, pumpkin, and sesame seeds and continue to sauté, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.