Recipe from Southern Living. Photo by Beau Gustafson & Sissy Lamberton. Adapted for Intervale Food Hub members.
For Maple-Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Fresh spinach, thoroughly washed
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- crumbled goat cheese to top
- Optional - pecans or almonds for crunch
- Prepare Vinaigrette: Whisk together cider vinegar and next 4 ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil until well blended.
Prepare Salad: Combine spinach and next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of Maple-Cider Vinaigrette; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve salad with any remaining vinaigrette.