From Ben Barker and Karen Barker for Fine Cooking; photo by Scott Philips; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 3 Tbs. Greek-style yogurt (like Total) or whole-milk yogurt
- 5 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. roughly chopped fresh mint
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves, washed and dried (8 oz.)
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced 1/8 inch thick (3 cups)
- 1/2 small red onion, halved lengthwise and sliced very thinly (2/3 cup)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the lemon juice and honey. In another bowl, whisk the yogurt and olive oil. Add the yogurt mixture to the lemon juice in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Add the mint, 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper to taste. Chill, covered, for up to 24 hours.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cucumbers, and onion. Season lightly with salt and pepper and add just enough dressing to moisten the ingredients. Toss to coat, divide among eight plates, and serve, passing any extra dressing at the table, if you like.