- 1/4 pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- Zest from one lemon
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- In a food processor or blender first chop up the pine nuts and garlic, pulsing several times.
- Add in the spinach, parsley, asiago cheese, lemon zest and juice and salt. Blend until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary.
- Slowly drizzle in 1/3 cup of olive oil while blending. You may want to add more depending on how thick you want the sauce. I added in one extra tablespoon, but do what feels right.
- Makes approximately 1 cup of pesto.