Recipe from HealthyFood.co.uk.
- 2 garlic cloves
- Cooking oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 cup hot reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 cup rice
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 cup spinach
- Set a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat and coat with oil. Add spices and coconut milk and stir for 3 min. Add the potatoes and curry powder, stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add the stock along with 2 cups hot water and return to a boil. Simmer for 15 min, or until the potatoes are tender.
- While the curry is simmering, cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then drain, cover and keep warm.
- At the same time, set a frying pan over a high heat and coat with oil. Add the onion fry for 8 min until golden. Transfer onions to the curry for the last 5 min of the cooking time.
- Add the spinach to the curry for the last 3 min of the cooking time or until wilted.
- Serve the curry over rice, while hot.